Do You Show These 3 Signs of Aging?
1. Skin color becomes more gray because of less blood flow.
2. Facial Shape becomes collapsed and droopy as muscle and collagen decrease.
3. Skin texture becomes less smooth. As a result, the person looks “worn”, or “tired” or “droopy.” The lively, rosy hue (seen plainly in playing children of every skin color and in young adults) fades to a dull gray.
The “Vampire Facelift” is a procedure that involves withdrawing a patient’s blood, processing it to isolate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP), then re-injecting it to erase wrinkles and create a more youthful look. Selphyl is another type of PRP procedure that uses a similar technique. Face Rx MD is now offering Vampire Facelift procedure in West Hartford, Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield, Hartford, Glastonbury, South Windsor, Bloomfied, Southington & Neighboring Areas!
The Vampire Facelift® is a procedure developed for people who want healthy, youthful, and rejuvenated skin, but done quickly and without surgery. This procedure is able to do this by harnessing your own body’s healing and regenerative properties. The Vampire Facelift® is an outpatient procedure, and results can be experienced on the same day, with continual benefit of skin regeneration lasting for months—even over a year—after the procedure.
Why the Vampire?
With many ways to rejuvenate the face, why look for a better way?
Cosmetic surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger. But, a surgical facelift can be more than what’s needed for some people (especially when loss of shape without extra skin is the main problem).
Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers lift the skin away from the bone to restore youthful volume and shape. But HA fillers can cause problems near the eye. Also, the injector of HA fillers can chase a wrinkle and create a shape that looks foreign to the person’s face or even foreign to this planet.
The HA fillers do little to improve skin tone and texture.
Candidates for The Vampire Facelift
The Vampire Facelift® procedure is not for everyone.
Many would do better with surgery, or laser therapy, or Botox®, or simply PRP or an HA filler used alone. All of the providers on this web site display passion about offering you the right procedure for your face.
People with less visible signs of aging may benefit from using less extensive non-surgical procedures like hyaluronic acid fillers and platelet-rich plasma alone. The Vampire Facelift® is actually not a surgical facelift at all, but rather a type of skin treatment using the body’s own natural healing and growth factors that are derived from your own blood (hence the name The Vampire Facelift®), combined with a hyaluronic acid dermal filler. The procedure is a near painless series of injections into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles, add youthful volume, and improve the quality of your skin.
Areas treated by the Vampire Facelift®:
- Lines at corners of the mouth
- “Bunny lines” or “bunny nose” — dynamic wrinkles on the nose
- Crow’s feet (lines in corners of the eyes)
- Forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Smile lines
- Plumping of the cheeks
How is it done?
1. Creating a Beautiful & Natural Shape
In the first part of the Vampire FaceLift® procedure, the physician uses an Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler (like Restylane or Juvederm) in a very specific way to sculpt a younger appearing face–while still keeping the shape natural.
Providers of the Vampire Facelift (R) procedure take into account the mathematics of beauty as defined by much research (starting with the notebooks of Lonardo da Vinci) to avoid at all costs creating an unnatural shape. These ideas about the HA fillers are not commonly known even among the best of cosmetic surgeons and constitute part of the intellectual property protected by the trademarked name (Vampire Facelift®).
After creating a younger, natural shape, then the physician harvests from the woman’s own blood (hence the name Vampire) growth factors that her body would normally use to heal damaged tissue.
2) Isolating & Activating the Magic from Your Blood
First, the physician draws about 2 teaspoons of blood.
Then, using a centrifuge, the physician isolates platelets from that blood (platelet-rich plasma or PRP)–all within about 10 minutes in the office!
Then she “activates” those platelets to cause the release from the platelets of at least 8 growth factors that would normally be used to heal injured tissue.
These growth factors work like magic to cause increased collagen & new blood flow. To rejuvenate new skin, these growth factors must be put back into your face.
(3) Injecting the Magic into Your Face
Using numbing cream and a very small needle (for almost no pain), the physician injects the woman’s own growth factors back into her face in a particular way. These growth factors then activate multipotent stem cells already in the skin (tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury and new younger tissue should generated).
How the Vampire Facelift® Helps You Look Younger
The face ages in two ways:
- There is loss of volume from bone, muscle, fat, and skin. This can make the under eye area and cheeks look flat and hollow. The skin can look dull or gray instead of being rosy as it was when younger.
- The loss of support of the skin results in drooping upper eyelids, lower eyelids, cheeks , jowls and sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”).
The platelet-rich fibrin matrix is placed after a numbing cream has been applied, resulting in a near painless application. Platelet-rich fibrin matrix contains at least eight of the body’s own concentrated growth factors to rejuvenate the face in several ways:
- Increases the formation of new blood vessels (also called “neovascularization”) and increases the blood flow to the skin, resulting in healthier, better quality skin.
- Increases new cell formation for skin renewal.
- Spurs the production of new collagen, the major component of facial skin that diminishes in facial aging.
- Activates the multi-potent stem cells already in the skin by tricking it into thinking there is an injury, resulting in the use of a combination of growth factors and stem cells to generate new fatty tissue. The new fatty tissue repairs skin that was never injured in the first place, resulting in the generation of new, younger-skin.
A quick procedure that keeps working for several months
The Vampire Facelift procedure only takes about an hour to complete, and that includes the: blood draw, preparation of the PRP, platelet-rich fibrin matrix, and The Vampire Facelift® treatment itself. Since skin renewal and rejuvenation is using the body’s own active regeneration components, facial skin renewal is continual for about 3 months after the procedure. The overall effects of the Vampire Facelift® can last for over a year.
The Vampire Facelift® on Smokers
Cigarette smoke interferes with the body’s growth factors and with tissue healing and regeneration. If you do smoke, The Vampire Facelift® will not produce the same results as it would in a non-smoker. Smokers may be better off with hyaluronic acid filler application such as Restylane or Juvederm rather than using platelet-rich fibrin matrix.
The Vampire Facelift® can be Combined with Other Procedures
The Vampire Facelift® can be done in conjunction with wrinkle treatments such as Botox or Dysport. Dr. Patel can help you determine what complementary procedures are right for your individual case, and develop a treatment plan that you are comfortable with.